Wednesday, December 10, 2008

True Grit


Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

I have come to the conclusion that I can't take rejection hard or personally. It happens in life. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with me. It means the person, the job, the situation is not right for ME. Even if I want it to be right…even if I really want that lover, that friend, that job, that house, that apartment, that whatever….doesn't mean it's the right thing for me and maybe they see it clearer than I. Or maybe they don't appreciate me and I don't want that in my life anyway.

It's hard to put yourself out there. It's hard to put the power in someone else's hands. It feels like leading with your chin.

But I can overcome rejection, whether present rejection or long-ago rejection. I just need to keep the positive self-talk going, do my affirmations and know I am worth it and deserve all the good things that life has to offer.

Most of all I deserve to be surrounded by the right people and the right situations where my intrinsic goodness and high value is appreciated. I should give myself my own approval, and give others the right to accept or reject me, I can then bask in the glow of those who accept and value me.

I need to rememer to pay no attention to rejection. It doesn't matter. I will try to stay positive. Stay focused on what I want.

No comments: